Copyright © DaedelusRex
1. With each step, I grow a beard.
With each hat, it grows white.
2. I met myself at 6 years old at a crossroads.
He asked me if I were the devil. I kept walking.
3. When asked if I could do it over again, would I,
I answer differently depending on the color of my hair.
4. I met myself at 13 years old at a crossroads.
He beat me up and yelled at me for lying. I laid there.
5. When I die, my life will flash before my eyes,
and none of it will be familiar to me.
6. I met myself at 27 years old at a crossroads.
He shook my hand and smiled. I walked away, upbeat.
7. If I am different with every passing moment, and every seven years,
is my name a bracket holding together multiple people?
8. I met myself at 31 years old at a crossroads.
He asked me plainly if I should keep going. I lied to him.
Is a bitch.
10. I met myself at 38 years old at a crossroads.
We looked each other in the eyes before he ran away. I followed him.
11. Every part of every person is unique.
But every part of every person is changing.
12. I met myself at birth at a crossroads.
I smiled and picked him up saying, You have no idea what you're getting into.
is a bitch.
14. I met myself at a crossroads.
We stared at each other long in the eyes.
We kept walking.
The Best of Lemon Fingers
Every day each member of the staff here at Lemon Fingers selects a piece that they consider to be the very best
of Lemon Fingers.
This piece was featured on 25th of March 2010 by Shadukha
from a suggestion by GJ
"It's hard to put a finger on what I love about this piece, but I love it. The unusual format kind of grabs my attention, and the theme (with its occasional ominous undertones) is something to give one pause."
Change Background Colour
3rd of March 2010, at 4:18 am
Word Count: 245
Lemon Fingers Seal of Approval
This piece has been granted the Lemon Fingers Seal of Approval by the following person:
With the internet, today's writers can have their works available to billions of potential readers. Do you write for these people or for yourself?
I'm going to be wishy washy and choose both.: 49%
No, it is just for me.: 40%
I want to be famous!: 10%
| 51 lemons were squeezed to bring you this page. Want to go back to the top?
|Copyright © Lemon Fingers, 2015. All rights reserved. Policies
|Supporters of Lemon Fingers: CuriousPages, Curepoint